My Kia Spectra5 Turbo Project
This site is a collection of documents, links and pictures on what I've used on my Kia Spectra 5 turbo project. Use as you see fit, but I take no responsibility in your own project or how you use the information in and on these pages. You've been warned !!!
Highest output so far has been 257whp.
I started this little endeavor in the summer of 2007 and have been slowly chugging along, getting pieces as I could afford or find. Turbo is a Garrett TB0357, new in the box. Its both oil and water cooled. It was originally used as a factory upgrade/replacment for a late '80s or early 90s Saab 900/9000. Comes with journal bearings and has a factory setting of 7psi.
Manifold was custom made at Speedfactory, in University Place, Washington, by Ricky Eickert. He created it from schedule 10 stainless steel pipe and it incorparates a full 4" collector.
Two gauges are installed in the A pillar. An AEM Digital A/F gauge along with an Autometer electronic boost gauge with auto zero function on start. I was considering an exhaust temp, but it would have been to crowded with the three gauges.
AEM FI/C Software
AEM F/IC Software Used to run your AEM F/IC.
AEM Log allows you to log any parameter(s) from your FIC log file.
Subaru #3920 Injector Flow Sheets
- Injector Flow sheet #1 - 408cc Subaru light blue - #3920 download (PDF)
- Injector Flow sheet #3 - 840cc Subaru light blue - #3920 download (PDF)
Crower Valve Springs
- Catalog Search Results for #68190
- O.D./I.D. Outer: 1.090"/.780"
- Installed Height: 1.550"
- Rate: 289lbs
- Part #68190
- Type: single
- Damper" No
- Free Length: 1.820"
- Wire Diameter: .160"
Beta II Engine Specs
- In-line four cylinder, iron block and aluminum head
- Valve gear DOHC, four valves/cylinder
- Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT)
- Bore x stroke 82.0mm x 93.5mm
- Displacement 1975cc
- Compression ratio 10.1:1
- Horsepower (SAE net) 138 bhp @ 6,000
- Fuel system Multi-port electronic fuel injection